Sunday, January 24, 2010

Italian Medical Plan


At church one of the AIr Force Dr.'s told me to go immediately to the hospital for a minor symptom I was having.  I had thought I'd wait until after Martin Luther King day, when the base hospital opened again.  Yes it closes after 7 PM on week days, leaving only the local Italian hospital open.  So we went, being greeted by the pictures you see, and many people looking like they had been there for years!  If this doesn't scare you like it did me, you should have seen the people. 
Italian's don't like their picture taken so I didn't try to capture pictures of them.  Do you like the wheelchairs? We were so blessed, the military pays for an interpreter for us, and that puts us in front of the line.  They took my blood pressure and told us to come back tomorrow.  I'm fine thankfully, put I have to tell you, walking into that hospital took as much nerve as I had, even though I'm thankful for the care we received.






No comments:

Post a Comment